Monday, July 21, 2008

If the Wehrmeisters were Pioneers...

Nope... Nevermind we wouldn't have made it. We would have been left in the dust. BUT we would have looked cute waving goodbye.
Our stake (church thing) had a "Pioneer Parade". It's that time of the year when we celebrate the Pioneers that represent our past. The girls didn't have any Pioneer clothes (imagine that) so Lucy made the girls bonnets and I whipped up some skirts and shawls. They turned out super cute and I'm sure they will be used as dress up for years to come.
Tommy Really really wanted a bonnet. Daddy said no. What a party pooper!
Okay they turned out cuter then I expected. I think they totally have Project Runway potential!!
Picture Perfect Paige, Rolled down a hill moments after arriving... Grass stained her skirt. Hmmm. Totally her mother's daughter.
Love the boy. Love the Horse.

12 comments:

Nonnie said...

Adam was right about the bonnet. Also, we're glad to see Tommy put his horse to work for an activity!

Unknown said...

wow, they really are way cute! I want one :)

Jennifer said...

I’m totally digging the pioneer ensembles….

So, my ward also had a Pioneer Day activity last weekend. But oddly enough, they rented a snowcone machine for this shin dig. Now, I’m thinking that the pioneers probably didn’t bring their snowcone machines across the plains. And if they did, they probably didn’t even have more than one flavor of snowcone. At least that I know for sure.

Unknown said...

Um...you rock.

Kiera said...

Jen what is the name of that bus again?

The Wehrmeister's said...

megabus.com

Chris Fullmer said...

Super cute pioneer dresses & bonnets! How long have you been sewing for Jen? Can you pass some of your skills along to me?

Christine said...

OK, I'm addicted Jen. Your posts are so entertaining...it's like Pringles potato chips (or should I say Sonic Shakes)...you just can't stop with one! Loved getting caught up on your life. Sorry to hear you have been laid up. I enjoy how you find the humor in everything. I'm sure there have been some difficult moments...

p.s. The bonnets are a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.

The Wehrmeister's said...

Fenna: I don't really sew. I pretend to sew. I've been a pretender for awhile now. Thanks for the compliment.

Gram said...

They are adorable with their bonnets and Tommy with his horse. Am glad you take so many pictures. I always look forward to your next post. It's a great way to keep up with what you have been doing. Love you guys.

emily and adrian said...

I am soooo sad I missed this...and man oh man am I impressed with your sewing skills. Adorable.

emily and adrian said...

I am soooo sad I missed this...and man oh man am I impressed with your sewing skills. Adorable.