Sunday, May 31, 2009

The difference between School and Graduate

So one of my favorite things about Adam finishing school is the great comments we get.

Like: "Now that he's a Dentist, you guys will have money!"

Or there is: "Now that he's done with school, you guys can start living your lives!"

and then there is: "You must be so excited that he is done with school"

Okay so I totally love and agree with the last comment, yes I am excited that he is done with school, I am even more excited that he found a career that he really loves and is good at.

Now here is the update on the rest of them. For those of you who don't know, Dental school is super duper expensive, and also he hasn't started working yet. So right now. No work = No paycheck. (It's funny how these things work). And the best part is, that when we do start getting a paycheck we get to give an amazingly large portion of it to student loans!! YAHOO!!

Don't get me wrong, in this economy, I am just happy that Adam has a job, and I am happy that there were banks willing to lend him money. (I wish there would have been a bank willing to GIVE him money, but ya can't win them all).

And as far as the "Start living your life" comment that I got, I can only think, "Huh?" I mean what have I been doing for the past 28 1/2 years. I thought I was living, but maybe I was wrong. Maybe I've just been pretending?

No comments: