- you hear "I was going to call, but I had so much going on with the Holidays"
- you are asked "Is it okay if I combine your birthday present and your Christmas present"
- you are given many Christmas Decorations as Birthday presents (can you say clearance)
- you come to accept that you will not be having any "Birthday Celebrations" with your friends (because they are busy with the Holidays)
- your friends say, "In case I forget, Happy Birthday" (usually said a couple days before your birthday)
- you learn how much you appreciate those who do call... or send money
So if you are reading this thinking Jen's Having a pity party, you would be wrong. I have now had 27 birthdays to get used to this, and I have come to accept my circumstances. In fact that's why my friend and I have started the "Forgotten Birthdays" club (she will remain nameless, because she doesn't blog or read my blog). So on the 29th of this month my friend and I are going out to eat with our spouses to celebrate our Birthdays. It will be a joyous occasion filled with happiness, laughter and hopefully some birthday cake! (Which is one thing I didn't get this year).
Happy Holidays and Happy Birthday to all of you silent members of the Forgotten Birthdays Club.
ETA: This was not meant to give you a guilt trip, please no more comments apologizing I do realize many people get forgotten and I did get many phone calls from my friends. Don't take my post seriously.