Monday, August 17, 2009

Slipping through my fingers.

This is not my favorite day of the year. It is not my 2nd favorite either. Today is the day that the school system takes my child... now children. I really do enjoy my time with them, and really didn't want them to go. Kelly was ready though. She's become a pro at this, and even though it is a new school with new people, she was ready to leave me. She was excited. Paige on the other hand, says the things you want to hear from your child (when you don't want them to leave you). Paige cried, she didn't want to leave. Actually she didn't even want to wake up. She didn't want to ride the bus, and she didn't want to stay in her class. Why you might wonder?? Because she loves me. Because she knows that I needed to hear that. I know that it will be a constant battle to get her to school, but in 13 years when I'm driving her to college I will appreciate all of the times I got to hear her say "Mommy, I don't want to leave you."

So this morning went okay... could have gone better, but we made it through. Kelly asked me to curl her hair. And I did. Paige didn't want to go, she even missed the bus. But I drove the little monster to school, walked her to her classroom and left my little girl.

No comments: