Friday, July 10, 2009

Magical Goody Bags.

There is something magical about taking dollar store items and putting them in a Goody Bag for a birthday party. I don't understand it yet, but someday when I have figured it out I'll let you know.
I was sitting on the bed organizing the goody bags for Tommy's party tomorrow when the kids came in and were super excited. (I was wondering if they saw the same items I did). Tommy picked up a plastic frog and said "Did you buy this?" When I said yes, He Cheered. Like raise your arms in the air cheer. Kelly the 7 1/2 year old saw the same cheapy items and asked "Do I get a goody bag too?" I'm still thinking who would want one of these.
Next, Tommy sat on the bed next to me and very carefully handed me a fruit snack package for each bag. Just an ordinary fruit snack package, but tonight it meant so much more. To him these were the specially chosen fruit snacks that were carefully prepared for his goody bags, and he couldn't be more grateful. He was glowing.
Just before the kids came in, I was sitting there complaining to Adam about how I didn't like getting the bags ready, it's just one of those things that you have to do.
But obviously I was the one missing out on the special experience I could have been having. I really do enjoy these little monsters of mine.

No comments: