Thursday, January 7, 2010

From one precious angel to Five amazing Monsters

So I was sitting here reflecting (also known as trying to sleep), about what I needed to get done before we bring this next monster home and I realized how much I have changed since I was pregnant with Kelly. First Baby: I always knew EXACTLY how far along I was 6 weeks 4 days, 30 weeks 2 days.

Fifth Monster: I can tell you EXACTLY when this child is being evicted, but have no idea the number of "weeks" pregnant I am.

First Baby: We rented a Doppler thing so I could hear the baby's heartbeat whenever I wanted.

Fifth Monster: The only Doppler I hear about now is the one that has to do with the weather.

First Baby: I thought I was tired.

Fifth Monster: I realized that tired isn't being pregnant. Tired is being pregnant while you are holding your daughters hair as she throws up because she has the stomach flu, which wouldn't be so bad if you didn't just get over having the stomach bug and had to take care of your 4 year old in the middle of the night while you both were throwing up at the same time. And I didn't even mention that the 2 year old had it the night before. But no I'm not complaining... really I'm not. I think I was probably crying at the time but that was a month ago so I'm totally over it (can't you tell)

First Baby: I honestly thought I might be able to go back to work part time.

Fifth Monster: I realized I couldn't. I couldn't leave these monsters with anyone, because no one would love them as much as me.

First Baby: I was SO excited for her to be born, and so not wanting to be pregnant.

Fifth Monster: Yes, I am excited to meet her, but I know she is much easier inside my tummy and am very content waiting my 11 days 12 hours and 14 minutes that I have left.

First Baby: I loved when we went down to the weekly visits!

Fifth Baby: Last time I went the Dr. said "See you in 2 weeks" and I said " Can I make that 3?". (Which he was fine with)

Oh, but we all know that there are things that don't change. Like the moment they show you your monster for the first time. It's an indescribable feeling. I know this, because I tried to explain it to a friend and I couldn't describe it (which is the definition for indescribable.)

I also love the feeling of holding your newborn baby while they sleep. You are their whole world at that moment. They need you, just as much as you need them.

The hormonal pregnant outbursts. I wish I was a well-behaved pregnant women, but I'm not. I'm a cranky miserable women who hates the world and 97.8 % of the population while I'm pregnant. I have little sympathy for people and I think most people are just stupid. Don't worry I am a normal human again once the baby is out.... well I have so far.

No comments: